Welcome to this Private Bear Huntin’ Group Fellas

Homepage Forums Talk Huntin’ Minnesota Bear Camp 2009 Welcome to this Private Bear Huntin’ Group Fellas

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

Okay gang, go nuts…here’s our private forum for just us guys going bear hunting in Minnesota this fall….

Jarrod

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

Hey, Dan Westholder (I hope I got the spelling right), what type of bait, that we’ll be using will keep for months in warm weather? Just in case we can locate some down here.

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

I’m no bait pro but I’d say cans of pie filling, jellies, granola (sealed barrels) are all things that would last a while. Jeff had all that stuff up at his place last fall and had had it for a while….

Bear man

Ya thanks for creating this private site Jarrod! Hey Lee that was close on the spelling just add a t instead of a d at the end of my last name 😉 no big deal 😀 As far as bait goes, storing is definately be the biggest problem. The best bait to hold over gettin it early would be any high sugar and preservatives items like what Jarrod mentioned, jellys, candy,fillings and ect. Any bread products by far would be the best bait but unless you have a ton of freezer room, I wouldn’t get any of that until August because it molds so easy and the bears Do Not care for it! Even at that make sure it would be stored in a air tight container out of the sun to prolong the mold. I’m going to be checking with my bait supplier within the next month to see what he is going to have and dates of shipments coming in.

Cemo Archer

Hey , I know most of you dont know me but I am Chris Wieberg’s brother (Mobuckhunter) I used to be a regular in the forums from time to time and now work hardly gives me time to sit down and get on here , but I am hoping to apply with you guys this year and im exstatic about the trips and the work ahead in my pursuit of showing up my brother in being the first in the family to wack a bear …… lol 8)

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Welcome to the group Cemo. I hope you got a strong back 😉

Cemo Archer

I like to think My back will handle it , We never did really shy away from hard work when theres a chance of payback in the end 😀

Bear man

Ya welcome to the group cemo! We definately will need all the extra backs as we hope to show you hard work sure does pay off! 😀 looking forward to everyone gettin together at camp, nothin but good times 😀

Anonymous

Hey fellas, Bob here. I’m thinking Dan the Bear man is probably the guy in camp with us last year? Hello Chris’s brother Cemo, Chris cooks some mean squirrel 😯 Hope you guys are cookin’ again this year, you get my vote!

Far as bait goes, I’m gonna start poking around a bit and see what I can come up with. I do have a chest freezer that’s pretty much empty so i can work on filling that. For hauling bait, I’ve got a military pack and shouldn’t have much problem with 60 lbs over a couple miles.

So when are we applying??

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.