Tilapias

Homepage Forums Fishing! Bowfishing Tilapias

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      hunt n nurse

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Can you believe you can shoot some fish that that people pay $6-8/lb in the store or at restaurants to eat???? These are some great eating fish. Invasives/exotics in Texas and therefore, you can shoot as many as you want whenever you want!!!! They are really pretty, too. And they are not easy to filet as they have some really hard bones and a bit of a “shield” like a boar has!!!!
      I met up with Nate, who introduced me to hog hunting when I came back to TX 2 years ago for a visit/vacation. I haven’t seen him since, until today. His wife and kids sent us off to go slay some fish and a bit later we picked up his son who was bored and recovering from 8 teeth being pulled in prep for braces next week. Unfortunately, he did not get to shoot as he forgot to but the rest on his bow.
      Nate is an archery tech, had his own shop for awhile and made the bows he and his son shoot.
      I got home late from work, as usual after a 12 hr day and 3 hr drive home. Slept about 3 hours, got up at 5 to meet them at 7:30.
      Enough of the backstory!!!!
      I got 4, Nate got 5 then his reel broke as he was shooting a nice sized gar and lost the arrow as well. Tomorrow I am cooking the fish for the friends I shared the Hawaiian hog with and another from the VA Nursing home here in my home after Easter services at church.
      BooooYahhhhhhh!!!! Fresh Tilapias!!!!!!! Life is good!!!!!!

Love the head shots. This one was dead as soon as it was hit!!!!! Note, I did not damage any of the delectable meat!!!!! And they are very colorful:

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

I would think the fact that they are good eating puts a little more pressure on to make good shots. Nice shootin.

hunt n nurse

Thanks Lee. They are very skiddish as well. Nate and I decided they are downright paranoid as everyone really is out to get them!!!!! Just pointing at them makes them move. They seem to like alot of talking i found out. That seems to make them curious for a second or 2. They are by no means easy to shoot due to their skiddishness. They are building their nests now and in about 14-20 days they should be ripe for the taking, and taking I will!!!!!!

tresleggos
      Participant

thats pretty cool deb……good shooting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.