Official 2009 BBO Carpfest pics

Homepage Forums Fishing! Bowfishing Official 2009 BBO Carpfest pics

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

I have about 40 pictures but won’t post them all. Dan and Larry carried the camera most of the time so if anything is out of focus, blame it on them…or the monkeys…or something! 😆
      I shot the first one before anyone else got in the water, but I think Rav has a picture of that one.

Chad, Lee and I below the dam:

Chad Scores! I think this was Chad’s 2nd carp – he shot 2 carp at once on his first try.

Here is Dan holding Chad’s double”

Here is Dan doing some shoreline stalking:

I like this picture because it makes it look like I shot ’em all! 😉

Or maybe Chad shot ’em all?

I apologize, but don’t know exactly who this was…I think a friend of Dawn’s(Hotter than Tiffany)? Or maybe her brother? Dan, help me on this one!
      Anyway, he was using a spear and nailed this dogfish:

Dan scores!

Dan, I need help on this one also – not sure who this was, but he was with Dawn and Greg:

Here a few of the crew decided to corral some carp as the local fisherman pointed them out from shore!

Onto the Rock River – the carp weren’t on the surface like I had seen them before, but they were hiding out in the logs and if you were patient, you could pick one out. Larry’s first time bowfishing. He used my bow, but wasn’t able to connect.

We were all pretty spread out on the river so there weren’t many pictures taken on my camera. Hopefully someone else got some?
      After giving up on the river, some people went their separate ways while the rest of us drove back to Rome for some grillin’ and hunting stories. Here is Rav, Dan, MagicMan, Dan’s friend Dave, and again, I didn’t catch the other guys name. They were trying to figure out the newfangled grill thingy but couldn’t get it going. So Larry grilled the brats the old fashioned way.

There were only 8 of us total so after cooking up 18 brats, there was plenty to go around.

OK, better save some room for others to post some pictures!!!

hunt n nurse

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Great pics Sherry!!!!! I see the “lasso” near the carp. Was Dan trying to rope some and that’s how his camera got fried?
      That grill looks like a UFO. Are you sure it is a grill?

It was a pretty weird looking thing! And they couldn’t get the thing fired up. But we made do with what we had.
      I especially thought it was neat that Rav made the trip from Minnesota and MagicMan had a long drive as well…just to share some time with some fellow BBO members. I also have to say I enjoyed all the talk about hunting (although Larry was doing most of the talking and I’ve heard the stories a thousand times! He was born with the gift of gab!) But everyone else managed to get a few words in there too, and I could have sat there for a week just listening.
      Next year we better have a bigger turnout! Those of you who didn’t make it, you missed out on some fun. Hopefully most of you can make it next year. 😀

😆 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous

Maybe next year we should try to make it a weekend get together, the day went by too fast!

The guy with the spear is our good friend Billy.

Sherry thanks for not posting the picture of my backside 😆

UrbanArcher

That looks like a lot of fun. Are those “carp brats” on the grill :mrgreen: . Just kidding. I want to get in to bowfishing. Just wondered what you guys do with the dead carp ❓

“chadleek” wrote: Maybe next year we should try to make it a weekend get together, the day went by too fast!

I like that idea alot! A Camping weekend? Let’s all consider that!

Dawn, don’t worry. I deleted that picture off of the camera, but was disappointed that there were no others of you on there. Did you get any pictures?

Sherry no pictures were taken of me, I did get pictures of the fish

How about you Rav? I know you had your camera out!!!

hunt n nurse

Looky, looky. I saw a monkey, too!!!!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.