Just booked our Boar Hunt

Homepage Forums Talk Huntin’ Boars Just booked our Boar Hunt

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      stoop

We booked a hunt at the Double D Ranch in Mc Aurther Ohio. It’s my fathers second year hunting and we are going to have a blast. I’m taking my 2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo, CBE Tech hunter, Beestinger stabilizer, rage cage, Blackeagle Rampages with Fireknock outsert, 2 blade Rage Chissel tip, and QAD Ultra Rest

stoop
      Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

I’m looking to give Black Eagle arrows a try.

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Good luck stoop, sounds like fun!

stoop

“Lee” wrote: I’m looking to give Black Eagle arrows a try.

I am hooked. I hunt with the rampages. They are the small diameter arrows. They are 8.9gpi and fly like darts. The smaller diameter arrows have less wind drag, and less drag when the enter the animal allowing it to go deeper.and they are strong, I’ve over shot a target and harried it into a fence post and not hurt the arrow. And I use the magnums to shoot 3d with. Another good one is the deep impact. They are heavier, but still are the small diameter.

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Have you shot the Zombies?

stoop

It was a success! My boar was 26yrds out. I shot one of the rages and hit a little low. Knocked another arrow and shot again and hitting 3inches from my first. It then turned 360 degrees around and my broad heads had intestines hanging out! Then it turned toward me and I let the third arrow fly hitting it just behind the skull and between the ears, spinning it.

There was two that came in and me and my father were hunting together and we agreed that I would shoot the second one and as soon as I shoot he would shoot. He was using a ar10 in .338federal. He blasted the lungs and to of the heart on his dropping it down right there. When he shot I was so focused on making a good shot that when he shot it rattled my cage(large caliber rifle shot 5feet to my right). The hunt was a blast and the rage chisel tips empresses me greatly.

stoop

The coolest part was all the exotics they had. I had a big 6×6 bull elk come in 8yrds to be. We saw a herd of red stag, fallow deer, siaka, all kinds of rams and goats.

My pig weighed in at 282.5 and dads was 238. I would recommend the double d ranch to anyone looking to hunt some really cool animals with out leaving the country

stoop

I’m getting a shoulder mount and having the arrow it the mount where I shot it

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.