It’s that time of year again

Homepage Forums Fishing! Bowfishing It’s that time of year again

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Mothers day dawned clear and calm, temps in the 50’s with highs forecast in the 70’s. My day was booked, we were having family over to celebrate over a big lunch out on my backyard deck overlooking the channel I live on that feeds out to a lake. Usually around Memorial day the carp come into the channel to spawn and I get a lot of bowfishing action on big carp. This year, with the weather having been so mild, things are ahead of schedule and the carp decided to spawn on Mothers day 🙁 . Pure torture! Carp splashing and rolling all morning and well into the afternoon within 60 feet of the festivities and I’m dressed up in my Sunday best playing waiter and bartender. I really enjoyed the party but was aching for it to end so I could take advantage of some prime carp shooting. By the time the last guest left it was 9:30 PM and the carp were still going strong. Since I’m not set up for night bowfishing I’d have to get up early the next morning and go after them with a vengeance.

A 30+ pound female full of eggs.

OHJRH

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

My god Lee thats a huge carp! I’m sure that was alot if fun!

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

It’s a blast! It’s also the reason your deer mounts won’t be done for a while 🙄

OHJRH

What there not done yet! Just kidding as long as i can pick them up in late july it dont matter to me.

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

If I get to mount more stuff for you next year, we’ll have to plan for you to pick them up around Memorial Day, bring your bow 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.