It’s That Time Again

Homepage Forums Fishing! Bowfishing It’s That Time Again

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

The local carp have started the spawning ritual right out my back door. I was mounting a deer head yesterday when I heard some splashing in the channel in my back yard. I put the mounting job on hold and made a dash for my bowfishing gear. My first shot was a miss but I connected on the next three before getting back to work.

One female and two males

I estimated her to go over twenty pounds, being she is full of eggs.
      I’ll be working from home a few days this week and keeping my ear tuned to whats happening out back. 8)

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Got some more this morning.

Two males and two females

A 23 pound male

The females were 21 and 23 pounders.

The carp rut has just started, it should only get better 8)

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

I got carried away and spent way too much time on the carp this morning when I should have been working. Got these in 1 & 1/2 hours.

The two biggest bottomed out my 25 pound scale.

hunt n nurse

Looks like a good reason to get a bit carried away!!!! Great job!!!!!

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

The carp are just about done spawning on my local water, but not quite.

This spawned out female went 24#. I would have loved to have taken her out before she was done spawning.

hunt n nurse

Nice!!!!!

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Being it’s Fathers Day, and the carp were rolling I stuck a half dozen this morning before breakfast. It’s shaping up to be a good day 8)

hunt n nurse

Well, Happy Father’s Day , Lee!!!!!!

tresleggos
      Participant

holy crap lee……whacking some hoss’s again nice man

BONECRUSHER

WOW, you stuck some fatties Lee 😈
      Way to go

Jakeh1

WOW! Nice job, that looks like a lot of fun.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.