Iowa Zone 9 hunts

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Jamey

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Iowa lottery results are out. We’ve still got a couple spot available for prime rut dates in Allamakee County & Clayton County Iowa-this is zone 9. Also still have quite a gun hunts available.

Email me for details and recent trail cam pics.

jamey307@aol.com

Thanks,
      Jamey

Shawn Vanlandingham
      Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Hey Jamey, congrats on your deer! How did your hunters do this year?

Jamey

thanks

I work with an outfitter who has a lot of land, and I also had my own lease this year and am hopeful of adding another next year.

The outfitter’s 1,700 acre farm had 10 bowhunters and they killed 8 bucks from 147 up to about 165 and another we think is less than 140 (the hunter wouldn’t show it to us). These are guided hunts. That’s 9 out of 10, no lie. That farm is unreal during the rut. I’m not sure how many gun hunters scored. Last year that farm had only 3 bowhunters and nobody shot a deer.

We also had a couple DIY hunters on smaller farms who did not score. One is a self-admitted non-trophy hunter. The other passed up 4 bucks over 140, drew back on a 150 and then let down because a 170 was following a doe right toward his stand. He was a great hunter who sat all day long for 6 days straight, passed up good bucks waiting for a bruiser and really deserved that bruiser. I look forward to having him back.

I shot a main frame 10-pointer with a split brow and a nice drop.

On my 280 acre lease, Mark killed a 140″ 9-pointer with his bow. Paul shot at a 150″ and a 160″ with his bow but didn’t get either. I killed a 137″ 10-pointer with my gun and Dome shot a 145″ buck with his gun but didn’t recover the animal. 100% of the hunters on that farm shot their bow or gun at a buck, the smallest being my 137″. I’ll be looking for guys for that farm for bow and gun season.

Jamey

Jamey

I should clarify my 10-pointer with a split brow and big drop was with my bow.
      My 137″ 10-pointer is a different buck, taken during gun season on a different farm.

Shawn Vanlandingham
      Participant

Send me a pm about your personal lease. I may go to Iowa next year instead of Kansas.

Thanks!

Hill Hunter

Incredible!! Do you have some pics of these dandys?? or a website?? How bout the droptine buck you shot?

OHJRH

If you go to pictures in the 2010 section his bucks are in there. I have talked to Jamey several times on the phone and he is a really nice guy and seems like he knows what he is talking about. Well check out the pics there’s the proof. He def knows how to get on big deer.

Jamey

With hunting season ended, I’ve been focusing on things other than hunting the last few weeks, so I didn’t see this.

If anyone is looking for a great hunt in Iowa, contact me and I can provide all the details and pictures.

Thanks,
      jamey307@aol.com

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.