First outing of the season

Homepage Forums Fishing! Bowfishing First outing of the season

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Garrett
      Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

First time out the weather wasn’t the greatest. 80s all week and then by the time we could get out it had dropped into the 60s and was raining in the morning. Got 11 all together including these two. Left is a carp, right is a buffalo, both over 30lb.

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

A couple for the wall 😆 Keep smokin em. The carp rut has halted on my home water. We had them going crazy for four days straight, then had a band of thunderstorms roll through and I haven’t seen one since.

Chooch

HOLY CARP!!!! ❗

I’ve been workin my tail off, haven’t even had time to get out 🙁 keep slayin em!

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

WOWA Dude! Those are sweet….

Garrett
      Participant

Went out today again. This time on Winnebago shooting deep, clear water post spawn. Lots of little sheepshead out there and a few bigger ones. Ended up with 3 common carp, one mirror carp, and 8 sheepshead, the biggest of which was exactly 10 pounds. All the fish shot were mine. My dad has only hit one fish the past two trips and it pulled off. 😆

Out in the deeper water (5-9 ft) you need higher poundage bows. I’m shooting 65 lb at 28″ and I still have many fish pull off and some arrows simply bounce off with a scale. It’s to the point where I won’t even shoot unless they’re within 3 feet of the surface or within 15 feet of the boat because I know that’s the only range I can get the barbs to go past the skin.

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Your seeing down 9 feet deep in Winnebago 😯

Garrett
      Participant

Your seeing down 9 feet deep in Winnebago 😯

You’d be amazed at what the zebra mussles are doing to that lake. Some of our old bass spots are completely vacant because you would be able to see any fish within 20 yards of the boat.

We couldn’t quite see down 9 feet. We could see bottom in 6 feet fairly easy, but the fish were suspended just enough to see them in the 9 foot depths. Getting the arrow to stick into them down deep is a different story. 😉 It also seems like it’s clearer in some spots than others.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.