Delayed Carp Spawn

Homepage Forums Fishing! Bowfishing Delayed Carp Spawn

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

The carp on my home water began spawning a couple weeks late, probably due to the cool spring we’ve been having. I stuck this pig and hung on for a wild ride.

Usually head shot carp don’t go balistic, but this one was an exception. She bottomed out my 25# fish scale so I don’t know what she’ll weigh.

The Rav

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Way to go Lee! 8)

Nice one Lee!!!!
      I was down at Yellowstone State Park in Blanchardville yesterday. The north shoreline was totally “erupting” with carp doing their thing!!!

If I had a boat, that’s where I’d be shooting right now! It was crazy how thick they were in there. I have never seen it like that before! Can’t shoot them in most of the places in the park though. The park ranger did give me the lowdown on exactly where a person could shoot some on the lake from shore.

I didn’t have anything to bring them home in though. 😕

Anonymous

Holy Crap Lee, that thing’s a monster 😯 😯 Good shootin’ buddy 😉

BTW – Haven’t forgotten about gettin’ them cinnamon rolls to ya.

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

😯 😯 😯 😯

Chooch

“3dognight” wrote: Holy Crap Lee,

More like, Holy Carp!!! Wow… that’s massive…

Anonymous

Sweet! 8)

Now that’s a carp! Hey where my invite to kill some in your bay???? :mrgreen:

hunt n nurse

Way to go Lee!!! What a slob mama!!!!! You got a nice big one and about 5, 000,000 that won’t become carp!!!!! Now that’s helping knock down the population!!!!! You da man!!!!!!

BONECRUSHER

Never seen a carp with a nostril above it’s eye 😆
      Nice shot Lee, I guess it’s time to get the carping rig out.

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Hey Lung, keep that cell phone handy.

Always is……..everyday but tomorrow and Thurs. open this week, that is as long as I can find a sitter for my 9 year old. (I’d bring her along, but she isn’t interested in Dad’s fun 🙄 :mrgreen: )

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

If I see any activity (I haven’t in the last two days) later this week you’ll hear from me.

DevinJD2007

Wow Lee that thing is a monster 😯 congrats man!

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Lungbuster, I called this morning and left a message. It turns out you didn’t miss much. They turned off around 8:30 AM but I got 4 good ones prior to that. This was the first day since June 15th that I’ve seen any spawning activity locally. Weird spawning cycle on the home water. Typically the spawn starts heating up around Memorial Day and is over a week after that. The last two years it’s been sporadic, spanning the first three weeks of June.

tresleggos
      Participant

that things a slob lee holy smokes….. 😯

“Lee” wrote: Lungbuster, I called this morning and left a message. It turns out you didn’t miss much. They turned off around 8:30 AM but I got 4 good ones prior to that. This was the first day since June 15th that I’ve seen any spawning activity locally. Weird spawning cycle on the home water. Typically the spawn starts heating up around Memorial Day and is over a week after that. The last two years it’s been sporadic, spanning the first three weeks of June.

I meant to call you back, had family things to do today, maybe later this week they’ll heat up.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.