Coyote traps

Homepage Forums Talk Huntin’ Other Critters Coyote traps

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  baldsparrow 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Shawn Vanlandingham
    Participant

I’ve never trapped any but it’s time to start. Is there any recommendations or tips anyone would like to share?

Jarrod Erdody
    Keymaster

I’d love to hear them too… so far I’m being told snares are a good way to start… might try it!

Shawn Vanlandingham
    Participant

It might not be trapping but I took out a Craigslist add saying I was looking for hunters and I had three hunters contact me within five minutes. One has night optics and takes this very seriously. Having a sniper come in when I do not have the time for it might be a good first step.

Lee Gatzke
    Keymaster

I think that is a good way to knock down the numbers Shawn. Get someone in there with experience to hammer them while you give it a try when you have time.

Jarrod Erdody
    Keymaster

Sounds like fun 8) I saw some night optics in use on a hunting show the other night…don’t recall the name…really cool though

Hey anyone up for a pig hunt in the UP coming up?

Shawn Vanlandingham
    Participant

I just watched a clip on YouTube from Steve Rinella last night where he cooked a coyote and said it was “ok” and if you cooked it in a stew, chili, bbq or something like that you’d never really know it was a yote.

I may have to try one now.

baldsparrow
    Participant

Hey Shawn, when the yote stew is ready give me a call.

Reminds me of Viet Nam, where we saw very, very few dogs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.