Biggest carp of the summer

Homepage Forums Fishing! Bowfishing Biggest carp of the summer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Garrett
      Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

This is the biggest carp I shot over the summer, taken out of Lake Winnebago in a weedy bay. Conditions were sunny, clear water, calm wind. This was after the spawn. He weighed 32 pounds.

DevinJD2007

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Wow that thing is a tank! congrats. 8)

DevinJD2007

“bowhunter15” wrote: taken out of Lake Winnebago in a weedy bay.

Forget how to read Dan? 😆

Anonymous

8)

Nice! 8)

Garrett
      Participant

We were in the middle of carp all afternoon. We would just drift and see 4 or 5 scooting through the weeds and shoot. We didn’t hit many but the water was about 6 feet deep and that didn’t help. I think I had just realed my arrow in after a miss, nocked it, looked up, and this thing was just sitting there 15-20 feet from the boat, about 2 feet down. It was directly facing the boat, so I had about an 8 inch wide landing spot to place the arrow 8). I released, the arrow hit dead center about 4 inches behind the head. The shock from the shot was so great, it just floated up as if dead. I only had enough penetration to barely get the barbs past the scales 😯 .

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.