Bear stats

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bear man

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

Here some stats I found on bears in previous years, it quite interesting actually.
      The 09 draw is going to be a little more difficult than past years for this zone that we applied due to fewer permits.

ZONE 31: 09 1,300 permits available
      08 1,700 permits available
      Statewide there will be 10,000 permits available this year compared to 11,850 in 08, with 17,350 people that applied.

ZONE 31 last year had 248 bears harvested which 168 were males and 80 females. That was less than half of the average number harvested in that zone.
      In 08 58% of bears taken statewide was the first week, the normal number is 70% or higher.
      Yes all of us that bear hunted last year in NE Minnesota already know that there was a lack of bears harvested up there 😆
      What’s interesting to me is the pattern that I found. The Minnesota DNR reported that there was very high and abundant natural food sources such as sarsparilla, chokecherry, juneberry, blueberry and hazel nuts. There was a pattern that I seen, every 6 years for the last 24 years the natural food index was up and bears harvested were down. The good part about that is the following 2 years after the low bear harvest the numbers of bears taken went up almost 75%. 😀 This gives me a little bit of assurance going into this season providing we get drawn but the best bear sign and baits doesn’t mean 100% success. I’m going to give it my all that’s for Damn sure!
      Well I hope you found this information as interesting as I did. 8)

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/nextbukoutdoors.com/www/html/cms/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

That is encouraging stuff.

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Cool info… this is my year to kill one 8)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.