2009 3rd Annual BBO Pigfest – February 20-22, 2009!!!!

Homepage Forums Talk Huntin’ Boars 2009 3rd Annual BBO Pigfest – February 20-22, 2009!!!!

Viewing 169 reply threads
  • Author
      Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Hey everyone!! Well it’s that time of year again!! Time to start thinking about whacking pigs!! We’re planning our THIRD annual Blood Brothers Outdoors Boar Hunt at Superior Game Ranch up in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.

The date is set!
      February 20-22, 2009

Same place as last year. We typically will arrive on a Friday evening, hunt Saturday all day. Watch videos and celebrate the days events Saturday night, then hunt as needed Sunday and head home Sunday afternoon or whenever.

Here’s what to expect for expenses that weekend:

It’ll depend on how big and what type of boar you want….

Here is the confirmed pricing Jeff has discounted for our group:
      – Big Russian Boar: $650
      – Smaller Russian Boar: $500
      – 700 lb. Buffalo (male or female): $1000
      – 1000lb. Buffalo (male or female): $1500
      – Fallow Deer: $1800
      – Corsican Rams: $650

Other Expenses to Expect:
      – Tip for the guide (typically $40-$60)
      – One food item (we do a potluck that weekend at my brother’s house so I have each guy bring something to share)
      – Gas money to get there and back

I need a $100 deposit from anyone going to hold your spot. Balance is due when you arrive and before we start hunting. Send your deposit to me at:

Jarrod Erdody
      Blood Brothers Outdoors
      13331 Burchett Rd.
      Plainwell, MI 49080
      (make checks payable to Blood Brothers Outdoors)

Deposits are non-refundable.

Jeff has a lot of great boars this year! He said we can bring as many guys as we want, so there should be room for anyone that wants to hunt.

**CRITERIA**: No criteria gang, just plan on having a great time and hunt the way you want to hunt. We’ll have cameramen available for some but filming will not be required.

Here’s a list of those currently committed to going:
      (D = Deposit Received)
      – Jarrod – D
      – Dan Infalt – D
      – Lee – D
      -Eric – D
      -Jake, Cameraman
      – Casper, Cameraman
      – Chris K, Cameraman
      -John Erdody, Cameraman
      -Eddie Stanton, Cameraman (might hunt too)
      – Dawn (hotterthantiffany)
      – Greg

(contact Jarrod if you’re coming and your name isn’t here yet!)

Here’s a video trailer of our 2007 hunt:

That’ll do it…it’s going to be a blast! Bow or gun, or knife or spear…choice is yours!

Rumor has it a couple of the guys are going to hunt a buffalo this time!!!! I can’t wait to film that drama!

Jarrod

2008 Results:

Mike K

Just wondering what the price range would be again. I might be able to make it this year if its on a weekend I dont have the kids.

Casper

I’ll be coming πŸ˜€

DevinJD2007

Wish i had the money… πŸ™

tresleggos
      Participant

o snaps…………you know im in boyssss!!!!! πŸ˜†

DevinJD2007

Dear God Jarrod… πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Anonymous

if it takes place in febuary i can be there to film.

hunt n nurse

It should be a blast for all that go. Hopefully it will be as balmy this year for ya as last!!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

tresleggos
      Participant

o ya by the way i say last weekend of jan.

I am in to video the event…………….first or second week of Feb. would work well for me. πŸ˜€

Anonymous

The later the better for me..

Have you guys figured out a date yet? I need to know, because I am planning a hunt down south for the end of Jan…………..

tresleggos
      Participant

i was kinda hoping last weekend of january…… and lets make sure we watch the drop tine divas dvd again …….. πŸ˜‰ j/k but i know dan loved that stuff

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Please vote for which weekend works best for you if you plan on coming. These are the three that are open for BBO based on our show schedule. Thanks!

I know I can’t vote because I’m not signed up, but I COULD go if it was the later February date.

I’d sure like to make that trip. πŸ˜‰

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Check the first post again all…. I’ve confirmed a date and pricing with Jeff this morning and IT’S ON!!!!!!!!! Fire UP!!! Jeff has some great big boars this year….his biggest ones ever he said…and they’re just waiting for Dan to come chase em so they can stick their tusks in his leg!!! 😯 πŸ˜† 😈 😈

tresleggos
      Participant

awesome cant wait jarrod…… yeah lets see dan get owned !!!

Jeff is right, they are the biggest this year! You guys will have a blast! πŸ˜€

hunt n nurse

I’m not gonna make it. but Dabow might. He’ll let ya know!!!! Sounds like there will be some real hogs (pun intended) running around!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the video and stills that come of it!!!!

Those dates should work for me,put me down as a videographer. πŸ™‚

Anonymous

i wanna film somebody spearing one…………….

tresleggos
      Participant

πŸ˜€

That sounds like a blast! Chooch was talkin about it, maybe we can make the drive πŸ™‚

tresleggos
      Participant

as jarrod would say tatonka will be getting killed by me this year and i cannot fricken wait…….. to bad we r going in late feb. now i gotta wait longer πŸ‘Ώ ….. come on everyone sign up and come along…its just a good 2 1/2 day trip that is some real good times and even better table fair for the year!!

hunt n nurse

Are you gonna shoot it while Dan’s riding it or after???? :mrgreen:

tresleggos
      Participant

pretty sure while he running after it like forest gump…… then wacking it and dropping the slob in one shot

In the 2007 trailer if you look at 40 seconds-45 seconds you can see someone reloading their muzzleloader. Can’t wait! You guys will see me there if you come. When we go hunting look for the little guy guiding…….me! πŸ˜† Can’t wait to see tatonka hit the ground this year tresleggos. Can’t wait! :mrgreen:

Who is you Dan?

OH! I thought it was Eric talking, not you! LOL! 😈

tresleggos
      Participant

lol

tresleggos
      Participant

seriously guys its a blast and the meat in unreal…. save your pennies and come with its worth the trip!

Does Lee kill them by hitting them with his shotgun? :mrgreen:

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

I will be toting a 10 gauge on this hunt, I’ll need the heavier barrel for pigs πŸ™‚

LOL! πŸ˜†

tresleggos
      Participant

10 gauge….hah nice ill be far as hell away from you too dorks this year

grouse

Processing cost included?

as much as I wanted to boar hunt with Dan…can’t make that weekend due to an ice fishing trip. However, I do plan on going still at a later date. I will post more when I figure out the date incase others may want to tag along!!!

C’mon guys! It’s a great trip for meat & for fun. Four guys so far. (I knew Eric would come again this year!)

Dan i think I am in for this hunt….! Greg said I will hunt and he is just be tagging along. yeah! I am so excited…. call me tuesday at work to iron out the info. I have to put in a vacation day and hopefully I can get it. I want to use my bow, but will bring my gun…ya know just incase! Cool?

tresleggos
      Participant

more like it would be great to have some people along lol…. Dan is ratslayer coming??

Do we leave on friday? I can hook us up with dinner in Iron Moutian? Great pasta, consider it a “sponsor”….

I have another videographer wanting to go if you need another camera guy……He shoots an XH A1

tresleggos
      Participant

lung i already got a couple guys coming there will be no need for another, LETS ALL FIGURE OUT WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR FOOD AND STUFF?? ILL BRING PANCAKE AND BACON STUFF AND OF COURSE A COUPLE BOTTLE OF JAGERMEISTER AND BEER

tresleggos
      Participant

ya im also bringing venison and caribou for the saturday night dinner! and the caribou is delicious

tresleggos
      Participant

MA INFALT CHILI , is too die for bring it man , JUST DONT BE DOWN WIND FROM DANNNNN during the hunt… omg!!!!!!!! πŸ˜•

Are you guys going o make a hog hunting DVD? Thanks! :mrgreen:

Casper

10 days to go! Im excited to film Eric whack a monster Buff!

Okay Dan! :mrgreen:

what should I bring for food? any requests…..soda, booze, water, snacks what? anything else I need to bring? I am a first timer here, help me out !!! Really looking forward to this!!!

Casper

“hotterthantiffany” wrote: what should I bring for food? any requests…..soda, BOOZE, water, snacks what? anything else I need to bring? I am a first timer here, help me out !!! Really looking forward to this!!!

lots of booze πŸ˜‰ jk

πŸ˜† ok !

hunt n nurse

Waterproof pens, Dan will know why!!!!! 8)

Casper

Maybe…

tresleggos
      Participant

might have a couple guys interested we will see…..any suggestions for stuff…. brings snacks and munchies for the night and whaever your drinking

Hey guys Jeff does have some blinds in one of his enclosures by his house. In case you guys wanted to know that…..I told you! Just wanted to let you know! πŸ˜‰

listen up men…I will provide the snacks! Dips, chips….you get the picture. How many people are going?

tresleggos
      Participant

right now me casper jake dan jarrod john lee chris and you and your hubby,,,, i thinks that everyone( sorry i just worked a 14 hr day im a little tired and cant think

thanks!!!

tresleggos
      Participant

anyone have johns address?

knd2970

Sorry guys, I am going to pass this year.. I better save my money, Hopping I need to pay for a bear mount this year πŸ™‚

tresleggos
      Participant

nevermind think i got it

I am going to need an address or a “how to get there” to the place we are staying?! Greg has been to superior game ranch. so we know how to get there, but….?

I got directions from jarrod today! I work until 11:00ish and head home, make sure I have what I need. I don’t want anyone to have to wait on me. Fyi… I am going to be in charge of snacks!!!

“hotterthantiffany” wrote: Fyi… I am going to be in charge of snacks!!!

I hear hotterthan’s gonna be in charge of the snacks :mrgreen: ……..

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Those of you coming that need directions, please just email my brother John at

johnerdody at wildblue.net (leave out the spaces and use an at sign…I don’t want his email getting picked up by spam engines)

thanks for your input Dan πŸ˜€

we have more more guy coming up with us ( Jake)!!!

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

A different Jake? I already have him down (Eric’s friend, cameraman)…??

yes, his name is really brian but everyone calls him Jake.

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Okay, cool! What size pig is he planning on killing?

I am guessing a small to medium??? $350.00??? should I find out?

I wanted all who are hunting this weekend to know what I am bringing and hoping to find out what everyone else is bringing. I am bringing….cheese, crackers, all different kinds of venison sausage, smoked venison, beer dip, pretzels, fiesta dip, torilla chips, salsa, and brownies!!!

JR

Wish I could join you this year maybe next time.
      Good luck and a safe trip to all my fellow Blood Brothers and Sisters!!!

NO posting with out pictures!!!

JR

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

I’d do pancakes for breakfast but they didn’t go over real well last year so maybe donuts instead.

lee- I can make them, you bring the stuff for them πŸ˜€

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

They didn’t? I guess I don’t remember… I LOVE pancakes! I’ll bring boar sausage to have with them…

I’ll eat your pancakes Lee. :mrgreen: I’ll bring some real Maple syrup for them even.

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Head’s up everyone…. I’ll post a shot list by tonight for ya’ll to print and use as you film your trip starting tomorrow. 8) πŸ˜€

tresleggos
      Participant

im bringing caribou, pancake mix and a griddle and someother stuff and beer and other liquids, cant wait to see everyone tomorrow ill be fishing all day tom. then cruising up should be there around 8 maybe earlier

tresleggos
      Participant

ps…everyone coming with me might be hunting now… we gotta make sure we get them a little tipsy and make them hunt!!! πŸ‘Ώ

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

Sweeeeet…..looking very forward to it. It’s been another long week at the computer for me and I’m ready to unwind….

SHOT LIST

I’ll cover more when we all meet up tomorrow night, but for now, please keep these things in mind as you travel up there tomorrow:
      – footage of each person saying hi to the camera as they leave for the trip.
      – loading gear into car
      – weather…sunrise, sunset, thermometer, snow, sunny sky, etc
      – shot of the vehicle pulling away
      – footage going down the highway
      – shots of various landmarks, (state line, mackinac bridge, welcome centers, restaurants you stop at, etc)
      – some banter from each person in the car as you head north

Remember, keep it steady as you can, good audio, sun at your back. Have fun and be safe! Cya’ll tomorrow evening!

Jarrod

You’re not asking for much are you! πŸ˜†

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

we have a bunch of “dedicated cameramen” this year…gotta give you something to do eh!

Casper

Im embarking on my journey right now to Erics. See everyone later!!!

tresleggos
      Participant

yeah stop yapping and get here im waiting,,,, i didnt sleep at all last night….. hopefully we limit out on walleye and we can have a fry baby…..cya then everyone ….

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Hey Hotter, do you think my pancakes bombed cause I used the “just add water” mix? Instead of water I used Leinies Honey Weiss, thinking that would sweeten them up. Maybe this year I’ll try using Leinies “Big Butt” Bock instead πŸ’‘

Beer ” breakfast of champions” !! That’s is a heavier beer, but I am not picky πŸ˜€

I made brownies…they taste good but look not so good πŸ™

Just so long as they aren’t “funny” brownies, they’ll be alright :mrgreen:

they are safe for consumption :mrgreen:
      1 more hour of work !!!!

Jarrod Erdody
      Keymaster

I’m out the door gang…call my cell at 269-806-7740 with any questions or call my brother’s house 906-384-6366 this evening if you need to…see ya’ll soon!

hunt n nurse

Happy Hog huntin’ all!!!!!! Remember, we want pics of who gets tatooed!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

“Dan” wrote: Off of my chain and over the fence
      πŸ˜€

Part of me wants tocome back with allmy fingers and arms and stuff… But the the other half just wants to dive into a big pile of russian monsters πŸ˜€
      Be back Monday!!!! (if I survive!)

Dude your supposed to be at my house in 10 mins……..your gonna have to tell Lee to drive like you!(Although I don’t think it’s possible, no one drives as crazy as Dan!)

See ya’ll after the blood bath! :mrgreen:

Jalen said Jarrod wacked a big Russian sow.

“lungbuster12point06” wrote: Jalen said Jarrod wacked a big Russian sow.

YEP!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

hunt n nurse

Don’t make me do it!!!!!!

We need pics!!!!!!
      Sounds like it was a great time!!!!!

hunt n nurse

Eric should have shot one of those sneaking up on them!!!!!

nice pics guys!! It looks like everyone had a blast!!

Oh yes we did! Hey Dan I caught a little pig today while it was sleeping. The thing started squealing so I let it go………. πŸ˜†

Casper

Had a great time everyone! We layed down some great footage. I’d like to thank everyone for coming!!

Dan, roping that pig was the highlight of the trip. I’ll never forget that!

knd2970

Cool pics guys. Looks like you had a great hunt. Where is the pic with Eric and tatonka?

“knd2970” wrote: Cool pics guys. Looks like you had a great hunt. Where is the pic with Eric and tatonka?

Jake and Casper have a picture I know……….. :mrgreen:

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

I saw/filmed Erics’ shot but didn’t hang around for the recovery so I need to see a pic soon! It was a running shot at 150 yards in a blinding snowstorm, honest, I got it on film. πŸ™„ OK, so this was a teaser and we’ll let Eric give us the facts. Just be sure to have a pic with the story.

Buckblood
      Participant

Now that looks like a blast. Nice job.

It was fun, the highlight of the trip was actually when Dan let that caught piggy go and two grown men ran screaming like little girls!!!!! If you don’t believe me I have the video proof :mrgreen: πŸ˜† …..For the sake of not embarassing them I won’t release any names, but you might see it on a future DVD from BBO. πŸ˜€

Congrats to everyone that took home pork chops and buffalo burger πŸ˜€

Anonymous

i think i got some great footage ……….what a riot. i had blast! thanks guys

brownitsdown

had a great time on the hunt. thanks for having us. got some good photos and great memories! ” I like dogs..do you like dogs”? ” I like dogs with blue collars” πŸ˜†

Many thanks to Superior Game Ranch and their staff Jalen and Donny, great job!

Casper

“lungbuster12point06” wrote: It was fun, the highlight of the trip was actually when Dan let that caught piggy go and two grown men ran screaming like little girls!!!!! If you don’t believe me I have the video proof :mrgreen: πŸ˜† …..For the sake of not embarassing them I won’t release any names, but you might see it on a future DVD from BBO. πŸ˜€ D

For the record, there was no screaming whatsoever and you’d be running if Dan let a pissed off pig go in your direction!! 8)

πŸ˜† Thanks Greg! :mrgreen:

hunt n nurse

We need more pics!!!!! Chriss you gonna put some of that video on the air? Be sure to let us know so we can DVR it if we have to, or whatever we need. That sounds like it’ll be great to see.

hunt n nut

Looks like you guys had a great time, cool pics πŸ˜‰

Great to see you all made it home safely. Looks like it was a blast!

“Casper” wrote:

lungbuster12point06 wrote:It was fun, the highlight of the trip was actually when Dan let that caught piggy go and two grown men ran screaming like little girls!!!!! If you don’t believe me I have the video proof :mrgreen: πŸ˜† …..For the sake of not embarassing them I won’t release any names, but you might see it on a future DVD from BBO. πŸ˜€ D

For the record, there was no screaming whatsoever and you’d be running if Dan let a pissed off pig go in your direction!! 8)

Well since you gave yourself away, the video shows you about 20 yards from the little piggy running scared πŸ˜† Mind you I was about 6 feet from the piggy and kept recording the whole thing……..But Casper is right HE wasn’t the one screaming, the other dude was! :mrgreen:

Deb, don’t think I will air any of it on the show as Jarrod has plans for the footage, but if something changes i will let everyone know when to watch.

hunt n nurse

Congrats and a big thanks to all the dedicated camera men there!!!! should make for some good video for the BBO Hogfest DVD. Hope to get some to ya in a few months myself!!!!

Hey, what happened to tresleggos???? Where is he and where are his pics????

tresleggos
      Participant

ill post the story and pics soon internets still crap

And you all have to know, it’s just alittle good natured ribbing, Dan’s right it takes smarts to get out of the way……..it takes turning off that little voice in your head that says RUN YOU IDIOT! to stand in the path of a mad hog. :mrgreen:

willy1970

Glad everyone had a great time. Things didn’t work out for me this year, but man I’m going next year…..looks/sounds like a blast and those piggies look delicious! 8) Thanks for sharing the pics and stories — Eric, get you d@mn internet fixed, would you? Can’t wait to see tatonka….. :mrgreen:

Casper

“lungbuster12point06” wrote: And you all have to know, it’s just alittle good natured ribbing, Dan’s right it takes smarts to get out of the way……..it takes turning off that little voice in your head that says RUN YOU IDIOT! to stand in the path of a mad hog. :mrgreen:

Thats funny. You should see the video of Jake’s pig eyeing me up before the last shot. Dan takes the shot and I instantly start running πŸ˜†

I ran for my life twice that day! Jake ( the camera man) and I can run fast!!!

brownitsdown

me,jake,hotchik,also would like to thank camara guys.hope you got footage u needed.i like dogs.hope to be invited to2010 hogfest.it was 8arrows to put down hotchiks hog

tresleggos
      Participant

well hey everyone finally got this thing going again kinda……..
      the weekend started out on the lake, jake ,casper and I stopped at my cabin to fish for some pike mainly. we got a bunch of flags and ended up w some nice bass and a few pike.
      We finally got arrived to johns cabin after cruising w a dead body from all the running and walking from fishing. Ended up hitting the jager with casper a little hard πŸ˜† …..eric some how rolled downstairs and passed out. NO one had a clue where i went lol…… so we wake up to first start stabbing piggies. Had some awesome kills and brutals ones ( HEAD SHOT CHICKY) i mean dawn. watching dans awesome catch n release was freaking priceless.CAUGHT ME A PIGGGGGGGGG!!! ANDS I GOTS ALL 12 FINGERS STILL!!
      O we went on to the buffalo hunt and we located them shortly after arriving because there was another group that wounded one…..we got a perfect natural push come by us at around 30 yards CASPER JAKE LEE AND CHRIS all had the cameras rolling…..as they trotted by i placed a solid double lung shot on the buff and the pack took off. once they passed i recovered the arrow and it was good deep red blood. we couldnt believe it passed through. i used a muzzy mx-3 and used a mx 4 last year that passed through my boar last year.( awesome heads) we had great blood out of both sides. we could see the blood rushing out right away on his side. The pack ran through the field about 300 yards and reached a clearing in the woods. by the time we got there greg and jake were coming through the woods and pushed the pack through the woods. the blood was thin by now and we barely had anything. We followed the thin blood for hours and hours, there was another one wounded and we didnt believe it was still alive after that lung shot. we ended up leaving that day and coming back in the morning with frustration. When we arrived sunday morning jeff the owner noticed a large pack of ravens circling by his house. low and behold there was my buffalo right by the lane where they first ran into but he went into the other side of the lane into the cedars that we stupidly didnt check. by the time we got there the ravens pecked at him a little and the boars ate his ass out. 😈 but i was happy we recovered him.

heres the pics of the lungs that the muzzy destroyed

We had a close call, well i didnt but jeff and jalen did when they were searching for the pack of buffs, a huge cow at least close to 2000 lbs came full boar and got about 3 ft from the snow mobile, it was hilarious and scary at the same time. seeing jeff and jalens face was priceless.

We moved onto the next buffalo with jeffs permission to take out since the hunters from saturday had to leave, the buffalo was wounded with a 300 mag and we were going to take in out with jalens .270. we picked up jarrod and the crew and cruised in jeffs truck till we located the pack and found the buffalo that was wounded and knew it was him. we had a few cameras on the bull when we found him and i took my time with a well placed shot and dropped him in his tracks.

All in all it was a great trip like always and ill be back for the piggies next year with vengeance!!! 😈 πŸ˜€ thanks again john for the housing and everything. and to jarrod for the organzing and everything. It was great meeting greg dawn jake and eddie.

john

Hey Eric, how far out of the way did you guys go on your way home??? Sorry for not keeping a better eye on you when we were headed back towards town. By the time we realized you had turned the wrong way, it was too late to catch up. You must have passed the Knotty Pine Bar… hopefully you didn’t get to Ralph (that’s a tiny 1 horse U.P. town).

Congrats on your big pile or meat, tres! That’s a great story with a great reward!

willy1970

Great story and pics, Eric — congrats, that’s some tasty meat there too. 8)

Casper

“john” wrote: Hey Eric, how far out of the way did you guys go on your way home??? Sorry for not keeping a better eye on you when we were headed back towards town. By the time we realized you had turned the wrong way, it was too late to catch up. You must have passed the Knotty Pine Bar… hopefully you didn’t get to Ralph (that’s a tiny 1 horse U.P. town).

It wasn’t too far out of our way, at least it didnt seem that way. We did pass the Knotty Pine. The gps had us take the worst back roads you can imagine. The tatonka was covered in slush and we were really close to running out of gas. There aren’t any gas stations up there!!! Thanks again for letting us stay. It was nice to meet you!

hunt n nurse

Great story Eric!!!!! Nice bulls!!!! What can I trade you for a couple buffalo steaks????
      Sounds like a real blast!!!!!

Rolled down the stairs, passed out and still able to hunt the next AM!!!!! Probably real glad you were using a bow!!!! Easier to on the ears!!!!!

DevinJD2007

Congrats to everyone that looked like a freaking blast hopefully i can save up enough money to make it ip there next year.

BBD ” Big Buffalo Down”!!! congrats! Great pictures.

We had no problems getting back to Escanaba. mostly likely because I was in the car. Dan and Lee, you should have followed us πŸ˜†

The mother freakin’ buffalo was scary as heck!!! That buffalo wanted to mount US!!! If anyone wants to shoot a buffalo feel free to come up and shoot that cow!!!!!! πŸ˜† I mean it!!!! All besides the buffalo incident it was a great time. It was fun to meet some of the members. I hope some other forum members make it up next year!!! πŸ˜‰ :mrgreen:

tresleggos
      Participant

john, we went to ralph it was freakin ridiculous roads SUCKED

is that the name of the town or the only guy who lives there? πŸ˜†

tresleggos
      Participant

well the 2 dummies i was driving with insisted on that we turned before we were supposed too πŸ˜€ and ralph is a town i think lol

Glad you found your Buff. Eric……I bet Jake,Dawn,Greg and I walked right past it after I quit folowing the blood trail with you guys….I just had a feeling it was in there. Thanks again to John for being a gracious host and putting us up and to Jalen the master guide for putting us on the boars…….Maybe next year I’ll bring my bow also and fill the freezer.

tresleggos
      Participant

you better chris and ya there were footprints that went right by the edge of the woods where the buff was and they were small prints( hot chick) maybe…..o well its all cool either way …ILL BE GOBBLING DWON SOME TENDERLOINS TONIGHT

“lungbuster12point06” wrote: Glad you found your Buff. Eric……I bet Jake,Dawn,Greg and I walked right past it after I quit folowing the blood trail with you guys….I just had a feeling it was in there. Thanks again to John for being a gracious host and putting us up and to Jalen the master guide for putting us on the boars…….Maybe next year I’ll bring my bow also and fill the freezer.

Thanks! And yeah, you should bring your bow next year and maybe show up Eric by getting the other silver one we saw! πŸ˜†

not my little feet. I think I would have seen the hunk of meat on the ground πŸ™‚ I did see a hear of them on the hoof though, very cool

hey, i thought this was a piggy hunt, what are you doing shooting buff”S threelegs? πŸ˜†

Lee Gatzke
      Keymaster

Chris did mention that we should check out that section of woods but the main part of the group was on blood (the wrong blood) so we went with the crowd. Good shot Tres.

tresleggos
      Participant

chris did call that…… genious

hey hey … I agreed with him πŸ˜€

Slob49

Man that looks like a great time 😯 I think I gotta do that next year πŸ˜€

DevinJD2007

Looks like fun and Dave i agree man i think i gotta try and get up there next year.

Start saving now………it really doesn’t cost that much, you put away $25/month and by next Feb you will be able to pay for a good hog.

Hope you guys make it up next year!

Dawn –
      Can you give me the stats on your bow setup? One of the things I was worried about was whether or not I was drawing enough poundage to kill one of those big hogs. What is your draw weight and what type of broadhead did you use?

Greywolf

Looks like a great time Congrats on the hogs!!

But I’ll have to say, It sure looks cold!!

What’s all that white stuff on the ground? πŸ˜›

“DevinJD2007” wrote: Looks like fun and Dave i agree man i think i gotta try and get up there next year.

I’m puttin’ money away for it right now. Not gonna miss it next year! πŸ˜‰

hunt n nurse

“Greywolf” wrote: Looks like a great time Congrats on the hogs!!

But I’ll have to say, It sure looks cold!!

What’s all that white stuff on the ground? πŸ˜›

Dandruff!!!!!

tresleggos
      Participant

put away more like 50 a month i doubt it will be for 350 for a piggy every again, that was a straight up steal

B.O.G.

I am interested in doing this next year. Just one question for everyone, do you welcome crossbow shooters ??

I know that Jeff allows them……(I pretty much work there). It would be cool to have a crossbow shooter……….. 8) πŸ˜‰

B.O.G.

Tanks for the quick reply. I am going to join the hunt next year with the Desert Stryker !!!! πŸ˜€

tresleggos
      Participant

that stryker would lay it down for sure

B.O.G.

I plan on trying to smack down on one next year with the DS. πŸ˜€

ok so after some red wine and ham (aka russian hog)I am watching Bow Madness, guessing it’s sponsored by PSE! Anywho, there is a contest called “I shot it with my PSE
      ” ( could win a Harley). Would it be wrong to submit the “face shot” footage? πŸ˜†

Hey, you never know Dawn! I know alot of us hunters would certainly be OK with it! Just not sure the Drury Boys can show it on TV! LOL! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† yeah I really did pay to much attention to the specific rules!!

Was doing some rough cuts on the pigfest footage and took a few screen grabs I thought were good…………..

Group pic………..PIGFEST!!!!!!!

Our pro guide Jalen

Eric (treslegos) getting pumped up for the buffalo

Lee and Casper “Do you like dogs,I like dogs” :mrgreen:

Alf the earless sow

Dan trying to lasso a piggie

Caught me a pig!!!!!!!!!!!

hunt n nurse

Some good pics there Chris!!! Thanks for posting!!!!!!! Dan really did catch a pig!!!!!

Casper

Hey Chris, where are the shots of Jake and I running like little girls!!!

Casper, I have those but figured I would be nice and not post them. :mrgreen: Besides it’s funnier when seen in video form…… πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

willy1970

Great pics, Chris! Gotta make that trip next winter — looks like a blast!

tresleggos
      Participant

always fun come along

Oh yeah forgot to note this: the buffalo that charged Jeff and I got shot a month ago while we were in Missouri. I’m happy someone killed it. Now the bull is in charge ,but he still walks toward us whenever we get too close. πŸ˜† Anyway just wanted you guys to know that. And next year when you guys come up the buffalo and elk will be in another pen with Jeff’s new aoudad. There will just be deer, hogs, rams, and fallow. I’m going to shoot a hog tomorrow so…….wish me luck. Hope you guys the the video out soon.

Oh yeah Chris the earless sow’s name is “NoEars” not “Alf”. πŸ˜† Just letting you know that. πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† We are not oldtimers, he is just a youngin’

I suppose you are refering back to this alien.

Nvm forgot it doesn’t work on Internet Explorer. Mozilla Firefox is being crappy on my computer and is not loading up so i geuss I’ll post the link: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= … N%26um%3D1

Yep that’s Alf…….used to watch the show alot in my teenage years…….or was it my early twenties…….man I’m getting old getting CRS :mrgreen:

Nevermind the buffalo and elk are still in there. But there are elk and aoudad in his new 400 acre enclosure.

Viewing 169 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.